Friday, October 3, 2008

Welcome!

We would like to welcome everyone to our new blog, where we will be sharing with your our various creations with the snags and successes along the way. We are both novice seamstresses--separated by two thousand miles--eager to share with each other and you our fabric adventures. Please stay tuned as we navigate thread, needles, and yards and yards of fabric!

Actually, novice is generous when describing me, Aminal. Despite having never made a garment for an adult human, I have recklessly embarked upon a jacket project that promises giggles and discomfort for all. So, if I can think I can make anything, so can you! I promise to share my disasters as openly as my triumphs -- should there be triumphs. As a jacket preview, here's my first disaster: uneven and too-close pockets! Come back to see how this and our other textile stories unfold!

No comments: